Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Beginnings

follow my footstepsI have been following Christ for fourteen years.
I have tripped, stumbled, bumbled, fumbled, fallen, moved backward, forward, sideways, derailed, jumped the tracks, Foggy Decision and crash landed time and time again.
I have also moved forward, danced, Supercharged laughed, loved, floated, slid into home plate just before the out, leapt over the wall, and most importantly I have learned and grown. Mercy doesn't stop at the moment of salvation, thank God! His mercies are new every single day! In the midst of Jeremiah's lamenting of God's chosen people and their sufferings, he still praises God for this continually renewing mercy. tranquility Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV) This is such a comfort for me. I am one of those people who really lives life out loud and many times in doing so..... I run ahead of where the Lord and I are walking together.Running ahead of oneself Each time, because I am running on my own terms and in my own energy, I don't have the necessary fuel to carry me that far. I stop, in the middle of where I am, too tired to move another step.
exhausted I awake to feel more tired still, not refreshed and I am faced with the reality that I am once again at the end of myself.
I collapse in a heap, frozen in exhaustion and fear of my own failures repeating themselves over and over. I spend time in non-productive paralysis. Guilt moves over me like an electric blanket on a freezing cold morning and I cannot get up and get on with the business of life.
light of hope
Time after time though, the Lord patiently walks back and extends His hand to help me up; reminding me that God's mercies are new every day.Chance or Creation? I don't need to wallow about the past mistakes, not even yesterday's mistakes! I need to just get up and move along on my journey.
THE OLD BOG ROAD (NO 3)         (Mar 21, 2008 #424 EXPLORE) KILKENNY, IRELAND.
I need to walk in my freedom, purpose, and new restoration all bought with His blood. I need to get back to the business of the Abundant Living He came to give to me. Sunny Side Up I continually reevaluate my life. Many times I am fearful I am not living in God's will for my life. I am reminded again that today is a New Beginning! As I seek to live in Purposed Freedom, today I have the grace sufficient for me in my journey. A rare and precious gift in my world of chaos! Thank you Abba, Father!
THE OLD BOG ROAD. KILKENNY, IRELAND.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home