Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Overwhelmed with Chaos and a Marble on my Stairs

Chaos marble Originally uploaded by [Topguy]
(A Monologue from The ButterFlyMasKarade dedicated to all my SHE {FlyLady's Sidetracked Home Executives} sisters who live in CHAOS {Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome, per FLyLady}. If you are one of us, you will love this and you will laugh. If you are not one of us, you will feel exhausted just reading it. If you are a B.O. {Born Organized} then please exit this post and read my others. You won't even understand this scenario!) I have so much to do tonight and I know there is no way I can get it all done, it's 5:15 already. This place is such a mess. I definitely need to get those stairs vacuumed, they look terrible! I hate vacuuming the stairs. I am so pathetically out of shape that just a stair vacuuming winds me to no end. But, I will start at the stairs even if that is all I accomplish tonight.
Stair Okay, there. I have vacuumed the first three steps. They are spotless! This is good. Wait. What is this on step four? Another loose marble! Good grief, how many scattered marbles are in this house?
Sea of Marbles (household objects: #2)
Let me put this in the "marble box" then I will get back to these stairs. I am going to get these stairs vacuumed if that is all I get done tonight!
Wait a minute... what in the world is that streak on the staircase wall here?
Hallway That looks terrible!! What is that??
Okay, I'll get a bowl of soapy water and wash this wall real quick. peek Uuuuuggghhhh, this soapy water isn't cutting it. This is going to take some cleanser, let me get that. I think I have some Mr. Clean under the kitchen sink. Day 358: Susan gets cleaning
Oh my gosh!
What a mess under here? Under the sink Could a cabinet be any more unorganized? How can I find anything under this sink? Let me clean this cabinet out and get it organized real quick. That way next time I'm ready to clean up around here, I can find what I need to do the job!
Oh man, what was spilled under here? Splatter Gross! Let me get the 409, a scrub brush and the vacuum.
What's this in my pocket? Oh yeah, the marble!
Where is that marble box? Oh yes! It is in the corner of the living room with Kaity's toys... Oh good grief! What a mess that is!
day 259 - serenity now !
Alright, first I'll clean up these piles of toys and throw away all those little broken toys and I'll donate the ones she never plays with to Mission Arlington. I'll need an empty box to pack up the donation items. I'm pretty sure there is an empty box downstairs Stair in the garage.
Painting with Light in my Garage 2.
Oh darn it! The garage light bulb is burned out again. I think the light bulbs are under the kitchen sink. Okay, let me run upstairs and grab a light bulb.
Stair
Oh yeah, I was going to vacuum under the kitchen sink.
...Okay, now I have this cabinet all vacuumed out. That looks nice and clean. Under Sink Cupboard
Now I need a big brown trash bag to throw away all the empty cleaning product bottles.
I believe those trash bags are downstairs Stair
in the garage Painting with Light in my Garage 2. on the shelf above the dryer. The Dryer! Oh shoot! I forgot I have to wash at least one dark load and one white load of laundry tonight
laundry consumes me
so Jordan will have a clean school uniform tomorrow. Uuuuggghhhh! I'm out of laundry soap! Dirty Laundry A trip to the store! Where is my purse? Oh yes, on the bed..... with the laundry I washed this morning before work and haven't put away! wrinkly shirt on bed001.jpg
Well, I'll have to wash that load again, no way am I ironing all these clothes!
All's Swell That Ends Swell Okay, laundry soap, store, keys..... keys?
Oh yes,on the dresser. Boy, my jewelry box looks like it threw up on my dresser! How did my jewelry get so messy? Jewellery Box My necklaces are so tangled; unless I want to wear them all at once I better untangle and separate these. I'll just sort out all of my jewelry again real quick so I can get dressed faster in the mornings. The FlyLady says to pick out everything you're going to wear the night before. I need to start doing that. It is high time I get myself organized, this is ridiculous!
Okay, I'll sort out all my jewelry by colors. Birds on the wall
Why is there a marble in my jewelry box?In My Place
Let me just run this upstairs
Stair
and put it in the "marble box."
Unbelievable! PE-227-0281
Where did this pan of soapy water come from? peek Oh yeah! I was gonna clean the streak off this wall. Shoot! Now my jeans are soaking wet! front The carpet is soaking wet, the stairs are all wet. Oh good grief!! I need my wet hose attachment so I can vacuum up all this water off my top stairs and my carpet. Oh yeah, that vacuum attachment is in the garage.
Stair
Man, I can't find anything in this garage. Painting with Light in my Garage 2.
It is pitch black in here without the light bulb.
The light bulb? Light On Oh shoot! I still have to go the store! What time is it? 50's Prime Time Aaahhh! PE-227-0281
It's 6:58pm!
after-american-idol-its-time-for-vietnam-idol_14 American Idol starts in 2 minutes!!
Pat masters the art of the vignette
Off to the couch!!
restingrainbows Ow, what did I just lay on? It's in my pocket? What is that? Oh yeah, that marble...
Organization and Ordering Our Days: According to Scripture, the concept of organization relates far more to people (our relationship with) than tohandling things. It allows us to move through life with purpose and order. I am not organized, but God delights in helping turn my weaknesses to strengths and He desires to bring order from chaos in my life. 1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home